Washington Women Outdoors (WWO) Privacy Statement for:
1. Individuals participating in activities organized by Washington Women Outdoors (WWO)
2. Individuals applying to become Members of WWO and/or renew WWO membership
3. Individuals donating funds or equipment to WWO
4. Individuals visiting the WWO website
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information
about you and your designated emergency contacts that we collect from you. It also explains
how we use, share and protect it.
Key Points about WWO’s collection, retention, protection and use of personal information:
- We collect personal information directly from you through the registration process and on
waivers of liability including releases allowing us to use your image by posting
photographs of events on the WWO website.
- Unless you expressly deny permission, we will share personal information about you and
your emergency contacts with our volunteer leaders and organization members including
but not limited to members of the WWO Board of Directors.
- We may ask your permission to share your contact information including telephone
number, email address and home address with other participants in WWO activities you
register for in order to facilitate planning and shared transportation.
- We will contact the person you designate as your emergency contact in the event of an
emergency affecting you during participation in a WWO activity if you are not able to
contact him or her yourself.
- We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes without
your express permission.
- WordPress, our website provider automatically collects information about you, including:
log Information, usage Information, location Information, stored Information, interactions
with other users’ sites, and other information from cookies and other technologies.
What type of personal information do we collect from you about you?
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Telephone
- Your Mailing Address
- Any information you choose to provide about health conditions that may be relevant to
your participation in activities, so that our leaders may better help you in case of a
What type of personal information do we collect from you about others?
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Contact Telephone
How do we collect your personal information?
- We collect information through our website for online event registrations and
- We also collect information on waivers that may be prepared online or in hard copy at
the beginning of outdoor activities involving identified risks.
How do we use your personal information?
- We use your personal information for legitimate purposes related to managing
information about WWO members and non-member participants in WWO activities.
- We use your personal information to plan and conduct WWO activities.
- We use your personal information to acknowledge donations of cash, goods or services
How do we share your personal information?
- We may share your personal information with other individuals participating in the
activities that you register for whether or not you participate in those activities. This may
include sending emails to all registered participants with the names, emails, telephone
numbers and addresses of every participant. If you do not wish to have your information
included in these communications, you will be given an opportunity to opt out of these
- We do not give or sell your personal information to nonaffiliated third parties.
How do we protect your personal information?
- We maintain physical, electronic and administrative safeguards designed to help protect
- We limit access to personal information and require those who have access to it to
comply with the restrictions in our privacy statement.
How can you review and correct the personal information we have collected from you?
If you have questions about what personal information we maintain about you, please
send a written request by email to Washington Women Outdoors at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the date you provided the information to
us. We will respond and provide you the information for you to review. If you believe any
information should be corrected, you may request that we correct it by providing any
correction in writing sent by email to WWO.